- New: Plugin Website, found here: The SEO Framework website
- Added: Home Page Description from SEO Settings now also reflect on the Home Page Post Edit screen placeholders and Document Title Additions Location, if you have a static homepage.
- Added: Option to add publishing and modified time to the home page.
- Added: Dark green marking border and check-icon color of Default Checkbox Settings on the SEO Settings page. This isn’t perfect yet: An alternative is being searched for without compromising accessibility.
- Added: Front end Title PHP level caching for improved speed.
- Changed: Settings Reset notice color is now orange.
- Fixed: Link relationships now work. I was using a non-existing option to check for output, so it always returned empty (oops).
- Fixed: Wrong Canonical URL placeholder on draft (or newly made) posts/pages, it now shows a shortlink until the page is saved.
- Fixed: This plugin now correctly detects the Genesis default theme.
- Fixed: Occasionally, noindex on paged archives didn’t work.
- Fixed: In-post/page pagination greater than 2 “next/prev” meta tag links.
- Fixed: SEO Status Bar doesn’t get cropped below 160px anymore on taxonomies with descriptions.
- Fixed: Home Page automatically generated Title doesn’t show the title of the latest post anymore if the homepage is a blog, but it will show the blog name.
- Fixed: Wrong placeholder for Home Page Title when the Home Page is set as blog.
- Fixed: Home Page automatically generated description if the Home Page is a blog now displays: blogdescription “on” blogname, instead of a changing description based on the latest post.
- New: The home page is blog fixes also apply on Site SEO Settings. The warning is also removed.
- Fixed: Various PHP notices.
- Fixed: Various HTML mistakes.
- Improved: Reduced resource- and CPU usage of plugin/theme detection functions by adding PHP level caching.
- Improved: Reduced resource- and CPU usage and Database interaction of various other functions by adding PHP level caching.
- Cleaned up and optimized various other pieces of code.
- Other: Some textual changes from AutoDescription to The SEO Framework where applicable.
- Added: Detection of wrong wp_title calls so the title won’t be duplicated, we also manipulate the title correctly. This means that without rewriting the output buffer (which writes out your website), we rewrite the title (this is much, much faster than rewriting the output buffer, because we don’t have to “wait” for the buffer to complete to further act upon it). I do have output buffering rewrites planned, but that will be executed as a The SEO Framework (free) extension. Good SEO starts with a good theme with filters (and good content) and I have also added a doing_it_wrong Debug warning (only if debugging is on) in the footer if your theme is doing it wrong. Inform your theme author and consider switching themes if you see a doing it wrong notice.
- Changed: (Textual) Apply to Add on Social Meta Settings Post Dates.
- Changed: (Textual) Post to Page on Home Page Settings description fetch notification.
- Fixed: Various Dutch Translations.
- Fixed: Missing Translation on Archive Robots Meta Settings.
- Fixed: Missing Translation on General Social Meta Settings.
- New: Plugin API, found here: The SEO Framework plugin API
- Added: Pluggable functions. Call them anywhere after plugins_loaded! Learn about them The SEO Framework plugin API
- Added: Many more ‘checks’ for when a function can be called or not from outside the plugin. This is great news for developers to prevent crashing the website.
- Improved: Calling upon the class can now be done at any hook, instead of only ‘plugins_loaded’.
- Fixed: Checking for multiple theme existences through an array now doesn’t give a PHP warning.
- Fixed: Filter ‘autodescription_default_site_options’ now doesn’t overwrite other default settings. This filter has to be used slightly different to work now. See “Other Notes”.
- Added: The green marking line around every checkbox will listen to your default settings filter (autodescription_default_site_options) and is applied on every checkbox.
- This Changelog is getting massive. So I’ve moved all logs older than 3 versions from the current version here: The SEO Framework changelog
- Note: I’m aware that the tabs in the SEO settings pages are stacking weirdly on small screens. I have yet to find an elegant solution.