In this major-minor update, we improved browser performance by up to 99% (not a typo) by exchanging over 300 jQuery calls for vanilla JS ones. We also added two new options for oEmbed, freed a dozen bugs that got stuck in the UI and generators, and improved accessibility.
The SEO Framework Changelog
We're continuously working on The SEO Framework plugin. This archive lists the latest changes by version.
This update brings you up to 96% faster browser interaction, up to 30% faster browser rendering times, and up to 26% faster server response times.
You can now use quick-edit to adjust meta titles and descriptions of all your posts and terms.
New custom taxonomy settings are added, so you can quickly deindex custom taxonomies, or exclude SEO for them entirely.
Well-known page builders that aren’t built upon shortcodes, like Elementor, Beaver Builder, and Siteorigin’s, now support meta description generation.
The description generator is now far more intelligent–it can now recognize contractions, and other complex punctuations and marks (¡¿Que?! Y’all’dn’t’ve!? 「やった！」).
WordPress 5.5 support is now integrated deeply. To get there, we had to implement new query listeners, browser observers, and persistent notices.
This follow-up update to 4.0.6 addresses an issue where the WooCommerce shop page was seen as an actual archive mistakenly. For that page, this issue caused your post-edit input, among other SEO data, to no longer be honored.
In this update, we addressed a few issues our amazing users helped investigate. With that, we implemented better bbPress title support, and fixed a bug regarding WooCommerce and term-ID collisions.
We also increased the entropy for generating object caching keys, addressed some translation and RTL errors, and added a few new filters.
In WordPress, we found various query endpoints that can be malformed to create broken pages. Backlinks to these pages can harm your site’s ranking. In this update, we added advanced query protection, which you can enable via the robots meta settings.
The “Connected Social Pages” input fields will now disappear when you empty them. They have never proven to work, and Google has deprecated them. We also removed the transient caching for JSON-LD scripts, as it wasn’t helping anyone.
On the other hand, we added a new feed indexing option, Discord sharing options (oEmbed, theme color), and the aforementioned advanced query protection option. Support for EDD and Polylang has been expanded, and we reintroduced the hyphen option for titles (which is the new default).
In this update, we also bring a few other quality-of-life changes, as well. We added a dozen new filters, touched up the interface, streamlined the query handler, and fixed known corner-case issues and bugs.