This update fixes incorrect logic in the homepage title additions brought in v3.1.2.
Your site may be affected when the “global Title Additions Location” is the same as the “homepage Title Additions Location”. This isn’t the default setting.
We urge you to update and ask Google to recrawl your homepage URL directly after doing so.
After updating, follow these steps:
- Go to Google.com
- Type in
site:example.com, where example.com is your web address.
- If the title of your homepage on Google is what it should be, no action is needed. Otherwise, continue.
- Log into Google Search Console, you’ll likely see their new interface.
- Switch to the affected property on the top-left.
- Select “URL Inspection” on the left.
- Type in your full home-page URL and hit return/enter (this might take a while).
- Select “Request Indexing” (this might take a while).
- Your title should be fixed within 2 days.*
*For this website, it took 5 minutes, but anomalies may occur.
I (Sybre) apologize for this inconvenience! Your site shouldn’t be affected in ranking because of this issue; but, it might if this isn’t resolved duly.