- This update addresses issues with the Facebook protocol caused by overlooked (and undocumented) terms. This makes sure the Facebook meta tags work correctly and as per standards.
- Also, all Posts Page data has been fixed and is now being fetched correctly.
SEO Tip of the Update:
- Having a faster website will improve your Search Engine Results Page (SERP) ranking.
- It will also prevent potential visitors from hitting the back button if they can’t reach your website in a timely manner.
- See SEO Tip of The Update (2.3.9) for related information on how page speed affects SEO. You can find all the previous SEO tips within the plugin folder.
- Added: The ‘blog’ og:type type for the blog page or homepage when it’s a Post Page.
- Changed: Page type has been set to
articlewhen no og:image has been provided on a post to adhere to the standard, this will still output an error in the validator although it’s correct.
- Improved: Standardized the default permalink structure URL and reduced memory usage.
- Improved: Shortlink generation time.
- Fixed: The Blog Page now listens to the robots settings.
- Fixed: The Blog Page now listens the custom Title set.
- Fixed: The Blog Page auto-description InPost Metabox placeholder is now what it outputs on the front-end.
- Fixed: Usage of “name” instead of “property” in OG/Facebook meta tags. Sometimes Facebook fixed this automatically, see “List of property fixes” below for more information.
- Added: New filter.
- Added: Bumped year of copyright.
- Changed: Space after each exclamation mark to maintain flow in PHP from being mixed.
- Cleaned up code.
List of property fixes: