Version 2.2.8 of The SEO Framework was optimized on one place too many, this caused the Knowledge Graph LD+Json data not to be output on the front page. This update fixes that.
Like to change your settings in Customizer often? This update takes one more variable into account so the Title and Description is what it should be.
The SEO Bar initialization is now also reworked. Your admin area is much faster now and the SEO Bar requires fewer filters to implement.
SEO Tip of the Update:
- Search engines follow visitor interaction throughout the pages. If a visitor doesn’t stay on a page long enough and hits the back button, your content probably isn’t what the visitor was looking for and the Search Engine gets notified and adjusts for future queries.
- So be sure to create great titles and build a related and constructive first paragraph. If the visitor is hooked, the visitor will stay, read on or click through. Search Engines take note of this and your SERP value goes up.
- Added: The SEO Bar is now auto-loaded on all supported pages and posts.
- Improved: Inpost SEO Post Type support check is now cached.
- Improved: WPMUdev Avatars active plugin check, it’s now more lightweight.
- Improved: Description and Title length are now trimmed of whitespaces in the length calculation on The SEO Bar.
- Improved: SEO Bar initialization. It’s much faster now throughout the whole dashboard.
- Fixed: The page on the previously assigned static home page was handled as the front page for the title, description and the SEO bar when no longer a static home page is assigned.
- Fixed: Knowledge Graph output now works again (didn’t work since 2.3.8).
- Added: New filters!
- Added: The debugger now also shows if the page is a static front page.
AutoDescription_DoingItRight::init_columnsis now hooked at
admin_init. This way we can manipulate the screen and post type support.
- Changed: The Custom Post Types no longer has to support an author. See
AutoDescription_Inpost::post_type_supports_inpostfor the check.
- Updated: The debugger is more readable, consistent and flashy in the admin area.
AutoDescription_Detect::post_type_supports_inpostno longer returns true by default if no parameter is set.
- Pre-emptive fix: Prevented minor unexpected results in various places.
the_seo_framework_column_supportfilter, it’s now completely automated. Refer to the
the_seo_framework_supported_post_typesfilter if your post type is not added automatically.
- Cleaned up code.