- Added: If no excerpt (content) is found, the separator in the description is now removed.
- Added: Taxonomy titles now have a new identification, e.g. ‘Tag: My Tag’, ‘Month: October 2015’, etc. if the title is left empty (applicable to Tags and Categories).
- Added: If there’s no post title found anywhere in all checks, the title will become ‘Untitled’ instead of empty. This also works for themes which are doing it wrong.
- Added: Noindex on Date and Search archives are defaulted to active on new installations/sites. For those archives could have a negative impact on SEO value in almost all cases.
- Changed: This update allows other plugin Authors to easier extend this plugin.
- Changed: Recommended description length lowered from 150-160 to 145-155. This is because Google looks at character width (e.g. Mom is wider than Illy).
- Fixed: If the Home Page is a blog, the automated description now matches the one shown as a placeholder in the SEO Settings page.
- Fixed: If the Home Page is static, the description is now correctly fetched from the Home Page SEO Settings.
- Fixed: og:title/twitter:title now is “right” when Themes are doing it “wrong”.
- Refreshed: Text domain, now complying with the WordPress standards to be translatable through WordPress.org.
- Unchanged: We still include the Dutch translation file until the WordPress.org translation is up to date.
- Added: .POT file.
- Added: Generic API functions are now made publically accessible (PHP protected to public keywords).
- Added: Plugin example. Will soon be uploaded to the WordPress.org repository if it passes the guidelines.
- Added: Function title_from_cache() now parses parameters.
- Fixed: Function the_seo_framework() now won’t run this plugin twice. We advise you to run a version compare check as per example found here: The SEO Framework Generator Example
- Fixed: Unregistered checkbox settings no longer return as a registered True Default when called through default_is_checked().
- Fixed: Removed the cache from default site options, so you can now filter them properly after the plugins_loaded action.
- Fixed: PHP notice when on the home page which is a blog and shortlinks are active.
- Removed: Unused rewrite function used for testing purposes in 2.2.5.
- Removed: Deprecated function from 2.1.6 (close_the_box())
- Cleaned up code.