- June 8th 2016
- Another maintenance release for The SEO Framework 2.6 is coming right at you!
- While Polylang creates Taxonomies from Pages without acknowledging it being an Archive, I have found a workaround for the Title not to show up correctly.
- Also, bbPress’ Original Post within a topic is now shown correctly, although the bbPress 2.6.0 update will resolve this as well.
- On special pages like the Forum page of bbPress, no more cache key conflicts will be present, this makes it a recommended update.
- WPML Multilingual domains are now also fully supported. So instead of just adding a subdomain, this plugin now also takes whole new domains into consideration.
- The URL generation has also been improved once more. It now contains Canonical Pagination support, and expanded Plain Permalink structure support.
- And just when you thought new options were available, now you won’t be fooled again.
- For developers it’s now much easier to debug, and there are also three (actually four) brand new filters.
- And last but not least, 404 pages and Search Pages now have a Canonical URL, right towards your Homepage.
SEO Tip of the Update – Skyscraper Technique:
- Have you found something that greatly interests you, and do you think you can write a better article than you’ve found?
- Go write it, in your own words and style. Don’t forget to make it much longer, better and more detailed. Don’t forget to add images.
- Finally, share the content, reach out to the public, and of course your public. This will increase your rankings significantly.
- This method is known as the Skyscraper Technique; it’s used for and as this SEO tip, minus the images, details or length.
- WPML multi-domain compatibility.
- Pagination support for the Canonical URL on the Home Page and Singular Pages.
- Pagination support for the Shortlink when using the Plain permalink structure.
- 404 and Search page Canonical URL.
- Some sentences were weird or incorrect. These have been improved.
- Redirect URL now has more expected behaviour upon sanitizing on WordPress versions lower than 4.1.
- The Open Graph URL now isn’t sanitized twice.
- POT translation file.
- bbPress Topic Starter’s first post is now visible on bbPress 2.5.9 and lower. bbPress 2.6.0 has included its own fix.
- Search Query alteration is now only done on actual Search Queries.
- When saving the Site SEO Settings, the Homepage Schema.org output transient and the Description transient are now flushed correctly again.
- Taxonomial transients keys are now correct on the front-end, this should lighten up the database entries.
- Unregistered Taxonomies’ transient keys now have an expected outcome, like on bbPress Forums.
- Transient key generation static cache now works on terms and taxonomies.
- New Settings Update notification now really doesn’t pop up when no New Settings have been found.
- Plausible incorrect root Canonical URL when no path is given.
- When generating a cache key with an unknown given type, a “doingitwrong” notice is emitted.
- Debugging can now be done on the front-end as well.
- Debugging now shows variable type information and has better indentation.
- When The SEO Framework debugging is enabled, the whole output will be shown within the footer, even the ones that shouldn’t be output.
AutoDescription_Query::is_archive()now also checks other Archive Types rather than only relying on WordPress core is_archive().
AutoDescription_Search::search_filter()now also checks for the
squery variable requests being present prior to filtering.
- Hidden debug output is now more readable.
- Relative URL generation for the Default Permalink structure is now incorporated within
AutoDescription_Generate_Url::build_singular_relative_url(), using WordPress core functions.
- Plausible PHP warning when using CPT in the admin area when trying to look for a category.
- The Frontpage can now correctly be recognized by the ID parameter on
- Filter Notes:
(bool) the_seo_framework_twittercard_plugin_detectednow doesn’t listen to
(bool) the_seo_framework_og_plugin_detectednow doesn’t apply detection for Twitter Card.
- Cleaned up code.