- May 26th 2016
- Simply put, this update fixes a few bugs. One of these bugs caused all recognized Post Types to be judged wrongfully for supporting SEO.
- A very small bug with a major impact has also been fixed. This bug caused WooCommerce Shop Pages to canonicalized to the latest product.
- This update also makes sure all translations of 2.6.0 and later are put into effect.
- UTF-8 required languages are now correctly rendered on PHP5.3 and lower within the SEO bar, like Russian.
- And for developers, the URL generation has been slightly refactored. With more reliable and lighter variables being used throughout the generation.
SEO Tip of the Update – Geo Targeting:
- Is your website about a local business? Then be sure to sign up for Google Businesses. This will massively increase your search presence, by an artificial result.
- It also greatly helps to have your server located near your target audience’s location. The website will not only respond faster, but Search Engines can pick up descriptive signals from it.
- If your business resides and only serves in Belgium, for example, it’s also better to have a “.be” domain name extension rather than a “.com” domain name extension.
- Polylang is now officially supported, but nothing has been changed for it.
- Plugin upgrade notices on the plugin update page. Only shown when an important fix is present.
- Using a custom Canonical URL will no longer slash it for you.
- Resolved a possible issue with permalinks on option update change.
- Resolved an issue where all post types have obtained SEO capabilities, even if they were not supposed to.
- Diacritic characters weren’t correctly recognized by the SEO Bar on PHP 5.3 and lower.
- Shortlink URLs on tags, product category pages and other taxonomies now work as intended.
- Shortlink URL now doesn’t take the custom Canonical URL into account.
- Canonical URL on Shop Pages is now correct.
- The language .POT file now contains last-minute linguistic improvements of 2.6.0 and later.
- Supported “in-post” SEO Post Types are now also checked for Rewrite rules. Thanks @realblueorange for the tip.
AutoDescription_Metaboxes::nav_tab_wrapper()forth parameter now always works as intended.
AutoDescription_Querynow falls under license GPLv2+, instead of GPLv3. This means the license has been expanded for broader use within WordPress.
AutoDescription_Generate_Url::get_relative_url()‘s third parameter is being deprecated. The first parameter can now also be the post ID instead of an object.
AutoDescription_Generate_Url::the_url_path_default_permalink_structure()‘s first parameter can now also be the post ID instead of an object.
- Filter Notes:
(string) the_seo_framework_supported_post_type, not to be confused with the
- Cleaned up code.